Darfield Baptist Church has always had a strong commitment to supporting global and local mission. This heritage is seen in this story about Dr Lawrence and Heather Sanson, who left from Greendale Baptist in 1956.
Our aims in this area are: to nurture a heart for mission through equipping, to be informed about mission work, to support those involved in mission work, and to see ourselves as missionaries everyday in the spheres God has placed us in.
Through Faith Promise, people pledge to support our mission aims. You can make a weekly, monthly or annual pledge. This is over and above our regular church giving and is accounted for separately to our church offering.
This giving is used in the following ways:
- We provide monthly support to 10 different people/families who are working overseas in a variety of mission contexts.
- We also have a fund to support people from our church family who go on a short term mission.
- We have an intentional focus to nurture young people into short term mission trips to assist them in understanding God’s heart for the world.
- We have made a commitment to support the “Kingdom Builders” courses for people to immerse themselves in gaining knowledge and experiences in NZ and the wider world focussing on mission.
- We give towards specific needs that become known to us.
- We support Alpha and Bible-In-Schools in our local community.
Below are listed our global partners. The organizations represent individuals, couples or families who are serving elsewhere. Some are people from our local community and there are also some who are working independently.
The children of our church currently support a student in a boy’s hostel in SE Asia.
The mission team of the church meet regularly and keep the church family informed about missionaries.